Tip: This recipe was written using a Pie Provisions Perfect Pie Kit (Crust Mix + Fruit Filling)
You have guests coming over in an hour, and you realize that you forgot to make dessert. You check your pantry to see what you can quickly throw together and notice a Pie Provisions Perfect Pie Kit!
You panic because you realize you do not have time to bake a full pie, BUT you could “doctor” the kit to make a super quick and tasty Fruit Crisp!
½ Bag of an Easy to Use Pie Crust Mix
1 ½ c Quick Cooking Oats
1 c Light Brown Sugar
1 ½ sticks Unsalted Butter, Melted
1 Jar of Pie Provisions Fruit Pie Filling
Directions: Turning the Pie Crust Mix into a Crisp Topping
Tip: Only use HALF of the bag and save the other half for making a pie another time. If you end up using the whole bag, double the other ingredients and then use the extra crisp topping to make homemade granola!
- Open the Pie Provisions Pie Crust Mix Box. Measure out half of the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Set the other half of the bag aside for another time.
- Add oats, light brown sugar, and cinnamon to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add melted butter to dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Set aside.
Directions: Assembly and Baking
Tip: This crisp can also be made days ahead and re-heated when needed.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. Open a jar of Pie Provisions Fruit Pie Filling (Tart Cherry, Georgia Blueberry, or Ginger Peach) and pour into a 8x8 baking dish. Spread evenly across the bottom.
3. Using your hands, distribute the crisp topping evenly over the fruit filling.
Tip: If you like a thicker crisp layer, use it all! If you like a thinner crisp layer, use less!
4. Place onto a baking sheet and into the oven on the bottom rack. Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until fruit filling is bubbling.
5. Remove from oven and serve warm with ice cream! This crisp can be refrigerated for up to 7 days.
Tip: If you serve immediately, your filling will be more juicy. If you allow it to cool for 10 -15 minutes, the filling will be more jammy.