Tip: Make your pie dough a day ahead to make this pie come together quickly!
Components of the Pie:
1 Regular Pie Dough, Rolled out and in a 9” Pie Pan – Pie Provisions Pie Crust Mix Recommended
Pie Filling – Ingredients and Recipe Below.
Ingredients: Brownie Pecan Filling
1 c Sugar
1 c Light Corn Syrup, Karo brand preferred
6 Tbs Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Hershey’s brand preferred
6 Tbs Unsalted Butter, melted
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbs Bourbon
Pinch of Course Kosher Salt
3 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten
1 ½ cups Pearson Farm Elliot Natural Pecan Halves
Directions: Mixing the Pie Filling
Tip: It is important to not incorporate a lot of air into this pie filling. Mix with a whisk by hand or on the lowest setting on your stand mixer. Avoid using a hand mixer on this pie filling.
1. Combine the sugar, light corn syrup, cocoa powder, melted butter, vanilla extract, bourbon, and salt in a large bowl.
Slowly mix with a whisk until combined.
2. Add the lightly beaten eggs. Slowly mix with a whisk until combined.
3. Add the Pearson Farm Elliot Half Pecans into the mixture. Stir with a spatula until combined. Set aside.
Directions: Assembly and Baking
1. Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
2. Remove the pie shell from the refrigerator. Place the pie shell on a baking sheet and par-bake the crust by lining the
crust with parchment paper and fill it to the brim with pie weights (or dried beans!).
3. Bake the weighted pie for 25 minutes on the bottom rack.
4. Remove weighted pie from the oven. Carefully remove the pie weights (or beans) as well as the parchment paper.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F. Pour the pie filling into par-baked pie crust. Return to oven for 30 minutes.
6. Rotate pie and bake for an additional 30 minutes. If the filling is set, remove the pie from the oven. If the pie is still
wobbly, return to the oven for 5 - 10 minutes, until set.
7. Once the pie is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool on the counter.
8. Once cooled, this pie will last in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Checkout Pearson Farms' website here.
Tip: This pie is fantastic served with vanilla ice cream!