Q: How can I make mini hand pies at home?
A: They are so easy and fun! Check out our recipe!
All you need to make Mini Hand Pies are pie dough*, fruit jam of your choice, heavy cream, turbinado sugar and an oven!
1 Pie Dough Disk
¼ cup Fruit Jam
¼ cup Heavy Cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°.
- Roll your pie dough out to approximately 1/4" thick.
- Using a cup that is approximately 1.5” – 2” across, cut out circles of dough.
- Using a ¼ teaspoon, put jam in the middle of the circle.
5. Fold the circle of the dough over on itself (hotdog style, if you will), and use a fork to
crimp the edges closed.
- Brush the top of the now formed mini hand pie with heavy cream and sprinkle with
7. Place the pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown
(approximately 20 minutes, rotate half-way through).
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Check out the video here!
*You can use pie scraps here as well. Check out this tip for more info.