What you'll need.
For the Crust:
2 Prepared Pie Provisions Dough Disks, Rolled out to fit a half-sheet pan.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
For the Lemon Filling:
904.5 grams granulated sugar (about 4 3/4 cups)
93.75 grams all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
24 oz. whole buttermilk (about 2 3/4 cups)
9 large eggs, lightly beaten
171g unsalted butter, melted (about 1 1/2 stick)
1 tbsp. vanilla
1.2 oz. lemon zest (about 4 lemons)
7.5 oz. lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
What you'll do.
- Roll out dough to fit a half-sheet pan. Spray pan, and carefully line with pie dough, going all the way up to the edge of the pan. Once pan is lined with pie dough, place pan in freezer while making the filling.
- Heat semi-sweet chocolate and cream over a double boiler. Stir occasionally until you have a smooth ganache. Add more heavy cream if needed.
- While the chocolate and cream are warming, begin to assemble the lemon filling in a separate bowl.
- Combine sugar and flour. Stir until combined.
- Add half of buttermilk. Stir to combine.
- Add in lightly beaten eggs and remaining of the buttermilk. Stir until combined.
- Add in melted butter and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add in lemon zest and juice. Stir until combined.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove half-sheet pan from freezer and begin assembling the Slab Pie.
- Pour a thin layer (approximately 1/4” thick) of chocolate on top of the frozen pie crust. Spread evenly.
- Carefully pour the lemon filling on top of the chocolate layer. Fill until approximately 1/4” to 1/2” away from the rim.
- Gently place the half-sheet pan in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling has set.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours and then refrigerate. Serve cold with powdered sugar. This pie will last for up to 7 days refrigerated.
Check out this recipe and lots more with our friends at PeachDish.